The Heart of Dixie Shiba Fanciers, Inc., was started in 2010. The current membership is thirty six members from nine different states. Although the geographical area of the Club is Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, and Tennessee, the membership is not limited to that area. The membership requirements are open to anyone that has taken a fancy to the Shiba Inu Breed.
The purpose of the Club is to encourage and promote quality in the responsible breeding of the Shiba Inu. It is also to do all in it's power to protect and advance the interests of the Breed by encouraging sportsman like competition at conformation shows, obedience, rally, agility, coursing, barn hunt and scent trials. Another purpose of the Club is to educate the public on some of the following but not limited to:
1. Shiba Inu is one of the top ten healthiest dog breeds in the world.
2. Shiba Inu is a very clean breed and one of the smartest.
3. Shiba Inu make great indoor pets because they only shed twice a year.
4. Although Shiba Inu need a fenced back yard, walking often on a lead can take the place of the fence.
5. Shiba Inu is a breed that does not bark needlessly, only to alert their owner of something strange.
6. Holding "Meet The Breed" seminars at dog shows and County Fairs.
Anyone having questions concerning anything regarding the Shiba Inu, please contact someone from our membership list that is the closest to your home. If that person is unable to help you, they can refer you to someone who can.